New UHR SEM / i-FIB Workstation
Whether your applications demand extremely powerful and ultra-fast micro-/nano- FIB machining, an outstanding image resolution at low beam energies, ultra-fast and reliable microanalysis or 3D analytical reconstructions, XEIA3 stands out as the ideal turnkey solution that offers all these capabilities in one single and unique instrument with ultimate performance.
- Powerful ultra-high resolution SEM column equipped with a high brightness Schottky emitter for high currents, low noise and extraordinary imaging
- In-Beam detectors for excellent imaging and very short working distances
- Ultra-fast xenon plasma ion source FIB – high beam currents for outstanding milling speeds and an excellent performance in sputtering large volumes of material, and low beam currents for smooth polishing
- Less implantation, doping or degradation of insulator deposition, a valuable feature for semiconductor industry
- Simultaneous SEM imaging during FIB milling or deposition (the whole process can be observed directly)
- Unique and advanced TESCAN’s technologies in terms of automated operations such as the In-Flight Beam TracingTM designed to accurately compute and adjust all the optimal parameters for high resolution imaging
- Advanced patterning and 3D characterisations capabilities powered by DrawBeam, a pattern editing tool that also provides a real-time visualisation during milling or lithographic processes
- High-performance electronics for faster image acquisition up to 20 ns/pxl, an excellent deposition rate and ultra-fast scanning
- Novel solution for fast 3-dimensional microanalysis such as 3D EDX and 3D EBSD sample reconstructions
- 12’’, 8’’ and 6’’ wafer inspection by means of an extended chamber; an exclusive feature of TESCAN
- Unique integration with TOF-SIMS
- Gas Injection System (GIS) for enhancing your FIB applications
- Powerful turbomolecular and dry fore vacuum pump for keeping the chamber clean. Electron gun pumping by ion getter pump in ultra-high vacuum
Specific solutions for specific needs
With the launch of XEIA3, TESCAN not only delivers an instrument top of its class but also fulfils its commitment to continue helping researchers push science and development forward. This is also reflected in the careful customisation of every system in order to meet specific needs. From materials science to life sciences or from engineering to semiconductor industry, TESCAN delivers systems without any compromise in performance.
Extend the capabilities in all your FIB applications with Xe plasma ion source
XEIA3 combines the capabilities of an outstandingly fast and powerful xenon plasma ion source with an ultra-high resolution electron column. Such synergy allows for carrying out the most challenging large volume removal applications in beating times which have – up until now – never been achievable before. The highest precision, that only a sub-2 nm resolution of the electron column can guarantee, opens new possibilities in a wider range of applications in both research and the high-tech industry.
|Xe plasma source provides great advantages for making the most of chemical and compositional analytical techniques such as energy and wave¬length dispersive X-ray spectroscopy, large scale 3D EDX and 3D EBSD reconstructions as well as full integration with TOF-SIMS for achieving superior resolution in surface analysis. XEIA3 is an extraordinary robust analytical platform with far reaching research potential in materials science.
- Research in new materials and their characterisation
- Study of non-conductive materials such as crystals, ceramics and polymers
- Patterning of complex nanostructures
Semiconductors and Microelectronics
|The powerful Xe plasma ion column makes XEIA3 the system of choice for the semiconductor and microelectronic industry. High currents for rough milling, ideal for lamellae preparation or large cross sectioning; medium current for polishing and reducing surface artifacts (curtaining effect); small current for fine polishing of cross sections and lamellae.
- Trough-Silicon-Vias (TSV) analysis
- Integrate Circuits (IC) and Microelectromechanical Systems (MEMS) Failure Analysis
- IC inspection and editing
- 3D Tomography of Integrated Circuits
- Solar cells inspection and efficiency analysis
- Electron and Ion Beam Lithography
- Lamellae preparation and in-situ analysis with the STEM detector
Lamella preparation for TEM
Detail of solder bump cross-section
|XEIA3 superb imaging capability is designed for imaging a wide variety of sensitive biological samples in their natural state. This represents a great advantage in terms of productivity as no coatings or chemical fixing of these types of samples are needed, which makes the whole analysis process much simpler.
- Biomedical engineering
- Cell and tissue biology
- Cellular analysisPharmaceutics Study of dynamic processes such as crystallization or dissolution of substance
- Study of particle properties such as the particle size, porosity, struc¬ture and contaminants
Mouse brain tissue
Detail of a fibroblast culture